I had a whack of scraps I wanted to use up, so I cut them into squares and sewed those into nine patches. Then I took the nine patches, cut them up and sewed them back together. And then I took those sliced up nine patches, paired them with this solid fabric, cut them up and pieced them back together…
Then I stuck them in rows and added borders between the rows.
Just sort of winging my way through the process of making this was an interesting exercise in mental flexibility. I don’t love the resulting quilt (I don’t hate it either) but I’ve got a friend who likes it a lot so I’ll be sending it to her. So, yay for it having a home!
As for the picture… I tried to get one without a cat on it, but it was a wee bit challenging: